Travel is the most beautiful and important journey in everyone’s life, as they experience new things and have lots of memorable moments. But it’s the responsibility of every human to follow green travel practices to help nature and maintain the environment clean. Adopting these practices will save energy, reduces carbon footprint and emissions, and also fit into your budget, and saves you more money.
- Choose the travel agency which follows the green travel methods and is transparent.
- Instead of taking the vehicles which produce emission, opt for the trolley or bicycle rides, or even the public transportation. Take a long walk to enjoy the sceneries and have an excellent exercise. Avoid the usage of domestic flights and choose the train or bus services to travel internally.
- Carry the metal bottles and containers to avoid the usages of plastic materials. It will help to reduce garbage production and the environmental effects.
- You can save water consumption, and it is better to reuse the change sheets and towels twice a week.
- When you are leaving the stay room, switch off the lights to save power resources.
- Buy and consume the products available in the local market, which will increase the economy of the small scale business people. Learn the customs, culture, and the local languages to communicate confidentially and comfortably.
- With the internet and smartphones, carry electronic travel tickets rather than the printed document copy.
- Choose the inns which have the recycle management facility or if they don’t have also, you can give a suggestion to them to implement the programs related to ecosystem friendly.
- Take horse riding, trekking, rafting, mountain climbing to avoid high-carbon emissions.
- Avoid the usage of plastic bags and carry a bad always with you to hold the belongings.
- If you are carrying the gadgets like laptops, turn off them during night time. Try to use rechargeable batteries for all your gadgets.
- If you see any of the faucets are leaking, inform the management team to fix it to reduce the water wastage.
Switch off the television when you are not watching and unplug the devices after the full charging is complete. People can take shorter showers and use the toothbrush made of bamboo. You can donate a sum of amount for the tree planting practice, they follow in the travel destination and can also act as a volunteer. Take the amenities they provide like leftover shampoo, paste, or soap as they used to dispose of the used ones.